The education team at Macquarie aim for seamless transitions for students. This involves:
· Stay and play/orientation visits in term four of the year before
· Transition event including preschool information session for parents, information pack/handbook, and other relevant school information
· Transition/orientation visits to kindergarten during term four (for preschool students)
· Kindergarten information session for parents, information pack/handbook, and uniform shop information
· Year 6 students participate in a range of activities designed to provide a taste of what high school life is like
· Orientation visits to Canberra High School that includes tours of the school and classrooms, and activities to promote familiarity with the new school environment and awareness of a high school timetable.