Our Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) is a great way to get involved with our school and have a say. The P&C is open to all Macquarie Primary families and community members. We bring together parents, citizens, students and staff. The P&C contributes to the school and its students through events, fundraising, canteen, uniform shop, gardens and grounds, breakfast club, special projects and more.
Details about the P&C, our subcommittees, events and activities, and how to be involved are provided via the school newsletter and Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/macquarieprimary
Meetings are generally held once or twice each term.
If you have ideas, want to volunteer, or would like to know more, come along to our meetings, leave a note in the P&C box near the Front Office, or email us:
Healthy Kids Association provides a lunch order for students and staff on Fridays each week. Order online before 8.30am on Friday via www.flexischools.com.au
How To Cancel An Order:
Flexischools App - Select the Profile icon on the grey navigation bar, select "Orders", select "View Open Orders", use the arrow icon to expand the order you wish to cancel and select "Cancel Order".
Mobile Device (not using Flexischools App) - Select "View Open Orders" under the relevant student, use the arrow icon to expand the order you wish to cancel and select "Cancel Order".
Flexischools Website (Desktop Site) - Select "Log in", select "Show Place Orders" (if you cannot see the details of your placed orders) and then select the "Cancel" button next to the order you would like to cancel. Your order will be cancelled and your funds will return to your account and show as a positive balance.
Breakfast Club is run every Friday morning to provide students with some extra breakfast before school starts.
Events and Fundraising
A hard working team of volunteers coordinate a range of events and fundraising activities for students and families throughout the year. Check out the school newsletter and Facebook page for more information.
The Uniform Shop is run by a dedicated team of volunteers to provide families with a range of schoolwear as close to cost price as possible, as well as pre-loved and second hand items.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Athlete's Foot (Belconnen) will donate $5 to Macquarie Primary for every pair of shoes purchased in store - includes all children and adult shoes. Please don't forget to mention our school when buying your next pair of shoes.
When you dine at the Canberra Southern Cross Club (Jamison, Tuggeranong, Woden or the Yacht Club) 7.5% of your meal and beverage value will be donated back to Macquarie Primary. Please pop in to one of the clubs to link your membership card to our school, or use the following link to sign up if you are already a member: https://csccmarketing.wufoo.com/forms/z1yqzsjq0orxe0g/
The aims and operating guidelines of the P&C are set out in our Constitution.
Assistance and Funding Requests
The P&C welcomes requests for assistance and funding for activities and projects that benefit Macquarie Primary students and our school community. For more information refer to our Assistance and Funding Guidelines.
Activities and projects that the P&C has supported include:
- Outdoor musical instruments for the Sculpture Garden
- Books for classrooms and the school library
- Classroom musical instruments including xylophones, drums, boomwhackers and percussion sets, as well as instrument trolleys
- School bikes, scooters and safety gear
- Uniforms and other sponsorship for school football/rugby and netball teams
- Family activities such as the Welcome Picnic, community afternoon teas, Mt Painter walk/picnic, Reading Hour, the Spring Fling and the Twilight Festival
- Canvas for Kindergarten’s Mount Painter project
- Parent information sessions and workshops on cyber safety, and talking with children about bodies, consent and being safe
- Opportunities for students to purchase gifts - including handmade - from the Mothers Day and Fathers Day stalls
- Adult and kids trivia nights
- Hats for preschoolers
- Sausage sizzles at transition events for early years (Preschool/Kindergarten/Year One) families
- Bikes and a rope ladder for preschool
- Student activities such as movie nights and discos
- Transport costs for Kindergarten/Year One farm excursion
- Fruit platters for preschool Teddy Bears Picnic and Preschool/Kindergarten/Year One ‘Paint, Plant and Play’
- Sausage sizzles and book and cake stalls at ACT and Federal Election Days
- Concert price for Musica Viva performances
- Special lunches (eg Athletics Carnival)
- Food and drink served at Breakfast Club
- Year Six graduation celebrations and Year Six parents supper
- Working bees to enhance the Sculpture Garden
- Lunch for teachers and staff on World Teachers Day
- Fundraisers such as the five cent challenge, Entertainment Books and Bunnings BBQs
- Eskis and a school marquee.